Recently quite a few people are overwhelmed with resetting their passwords. To bring some clarity into the matter here is a guide on how to do it.
When requesting a password reset there is 2 basic situations to begin with.
- You do have access to the email account registered in your profile.
- You don't have access to the email account or put a nonexistent email adress.
The first one is quite simple:
- Use password reset page, it will send an email, check spam folder.
- Log in with the given password and change it.
The second one is a bit harder to handle:
- with the steam account identified by the steamid you registered with add an admin as friend on steam
- make sure it's actually an admin and not just some webmaster or website contributor
- ask for a password reset via steam private message
- make sure to mention your account name
- get a new password from the admin
- log in and change it